We love to grill all year round. But sometimes its just easier to pull out the indoor grill, especially for this Pesto Grilled Chicken. I use the thin cut breasts, and when you slap them on the grill, it only takes a few minutes before you can slap them on the table. Sometimes during the work week, I’m all about how fast I can get dinner to the table. It’s even better when its got a tasty, healthy gourmet flare. I buy the prepared pesto which helps to make this entree SO easy and flavorful. You will not need the whole jar of pesto. In fact, you will not want to use too much pesto, because it can be overpowering, and your incredible chicken could turn so green that it looks like the “incredible hulk”. Remember just a little goes a long way. There’s a ton of options for your leftover pesto, spread a little on bread and you’ve got a tasty alternative to garlic bread, or pop a little in your meatballs for a little added zip. I have another favorite chicken pesto recipe that is baked in the oven…so check back soon for the post!
Pesto Grilled Chicken
1/2 cup Classico Pesto sauce or homemade pesto
1/2 of one lemon, freshly squeezed
1/8 cup rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
4 to 6 boneless, thin skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat your indoor grill for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a large ziploc bag. Pour in the pesto, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar. Seal the bag and shake until the chicken is well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat indoor grill. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes until cooked through, and juices run clear.
- Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: This marinade is good for fish fillets as well.