Let’s be honest here. Sometimes there are moments when I really do not feel like cooking. There I said it, even the Mad Batter has her moments. There are times when life is so hectic, I don’t know how on earth I can possibly manage to squeeze dinner into the mix. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you? The nights when you had to work over, or the way too many things are happening nights. The last thing on earth you want to think about is making dinner. Oh thank you, my pretty little round tortilla!! You see, the crust of the pizza is a flour (or corn for GF) tortilla. Do you see where I’m going with this? No take out…no high calorie pizza dough, but everyone is still happy. 🙂 To make this a tasty, good-for-you pizza. I start with an easy-peasy sauce of crushed tomatoes and seasonings; then load it up, with a little cheese, and then a heaping pile of veggies: onions, tomatoes, spinach, sweet bell peppers. YUM! They are kid-friendly, so bring in the troops to help assemble. Everyone can go wild making their own creation (another plus). See, I told you this was easy! Your problems are solved! (or at least what to have for dinner.)
Easy Tortilla Pizzas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat tortilla or Corn Tortillas for Gluten Free
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning (Penzeys recommended)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded (or both)
- Toppings go crazy!! (I used spinach, sweet bell peppers, tomatoes and onions.)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray. Place tortillas on cookie sheet, and spread each lightly with olive oil, then 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes for each.
Sprinkle each with garlic powder, and pizza seasoning. Add the cheese and toppings. (I used spinach, sweet bell peppers, tomatoes and onions.)
Spray very quickly with canola oil spray (a half second spray). If desired, sale and pepper lightly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or just until the cheese begins to bubble (no sooner) and turn golden around edges. Watch closely!
Let the pizza cool slightly for a few minutes before slicing.
TORTILLAS: For healthy wheat tortillas, make sure to check the ingredients list. It should list about 5 ingredients, not a ton.
For a gluten free option, use corn tortillas.
- Mexican: Corn tortillas, refried beans, cheddar, Top with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, black olives, and cilantro.
- Greek: Pesto, feta, fresh or roasted bell peppers olives, chopped red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Green: Pesto and mozzarella, top with fresh arugula and parmesan shavings after baking.