Who can resist sugar, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&Ms? It’s a combo to drool over. And hey, no flour is required in this recipe. Healthy?, you say. They contain a healthy serving of oatmeal…so between you and me, let’s call them healthy, as we scarf down these sugar wonders! They are so simple to make everything is mixed in one bowl, and then you simply spread them in your baking pan. These are a great treat for kids and adults too!
Monster Cookie Bars
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. If you are using a glass pan you may need to decrease the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Mix until creamy and well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, baking soda and oatmeal. Mix well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and press lightly into an even layer. Sprinkle the M&M’s evenly across the top and press them into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let the bars cool completely in the pan. Slice into 24 bars
Note: Monster Cookie Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days
Recipe Source: adapted from www.justataste.com