Hope you weren’t looking for an ooey gooey triple chocolate fudge brownie cake on today’s post. But keep reading and, believe me this Easy Baked Brown Rice will make you forget all about chocolate cake. (Just kidding!) But it will make your life easier, and that’s right up there with chocolate cake in my book. Baking rice makes it fluffy, light and flavorful. (Not kidding about that!) It doesn’t taste anything like the stove top version. I think there must be some kind of fine art to cooking it on the stove, because I’ve never had much success. I don’t know why they include the stove top instructions on the bag. Perhaps they just don’t want everyone to know just how easy it is to bake it. But the cat’s out of the bag now….simple, delicious, foolproof and baked right in the oven!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray an 8X8-inch baking pan.
- Place the rice in the prepared pan and cover with chicken broth. Stir slightly.
- Cover tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil or a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes before removing the aluminum foil.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- For a larger crowd, double the recipe and use a 9X13-inch baking pan.
Making this tonight! I, too, have not had any success with stove top rice. I have done this one other time and it turned out pretty good. I can’t remember the ratios. I’m trusting yours will be better. I’ll let you know! Leah
The Mad Batter
I make this often. Glad you are giving it a try!
It was good. Turned out just right!