Easy, fast and tasty has become my new motto for meals. These days it’s so easy to turn to eating out when you’re tired or in a hurry. But I’ve found just having a few key ingredients on hand, makes dinner a cinch. If you know what to prepare, that’s half the battle. Also when you can have a meal on the table quicker than going to a restaurant or for that matter, quicker than going through the fast food drive-thru, it’s so much easier (and healthier) to opt for something like this one pot meal.
One Pot Chicken Sausage Skillet with Macaroni
Write a review
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, minced
- •1 purple onion, diced
- •1 (12 ounce) package chicken sausage (any flavor), thinly sliced;(I used chicken sausage with spinach and feta cheese)
- •2 cups chicken broth
- •1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- •1/2 cup milk
- •8 ounces elbow macaroni
- •Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- •1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- •Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- •Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
- •Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- •Serve immediately.
My Kitchen Thoughts https://mykitchenthoughts.com/