The first thing I can ever remember making as a little girl was No Bake Cookies. I got the recipe at school. It was on a piece of comic-like newspaper…with lots of chocolate stains on it..yep, a true keeper, by and large. Sometimes we forget about our tried and true recipes. But No Bake Cookies should always be remembered. When you get a craving for something sweet and chocolate, these little babies are just the cure. No oven needed, and only one pot to clean. You probably have all the ingredients on hand. So whatcha waiting for?…you know you want some No Bake Cookies!
No Bake Cookies
Write a review
- •1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- •1/2 cup milk
- •1/2 cup unsalted butter
- •1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- •3/4 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- •3 cups quick cooking oats
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Bring the mixture to a full boil and allow it boil for 90 seconds. Immediately remove the pan from heat.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until the peanut butter is melted.
- Add oats and stir.
- With a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons), drop cookies onto prepared baking sheets.
- Allow cookies to set before serving. (If you can wait!)
- •You can easily make these cookies gluten-free by using certified gluten-free oats.
My Kitchen Thoughts https://mykitchenthoughts.com/