Oh the incredibly versatile potato…we love them, mashed, baked or scalloped; you name it, we’ll gobble them down! I was having one of those “what to take to a party moments”, and my husband came to the rescue, no, no he didn’t make these. But he did Google it. He’s the king when it comes to googling things. He just typed in “what goes with pizza?” and he was able to rattle off a couple of suggestions. The lightbulb went off, yeah, I’ll take my Baked Seasoned Potato Wedges. They are oh so yummy, they go with a world of entrees, and a real crowd pleaser for sure. I love to dip them in blue cheese dressing, but if you know my family, they break out the Heinz bottle. Feel free to experiment with your favorite dipping sauce, and remember they are just as scrumptious on their own too.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (divided)
- optional: fresh chopped arugula or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease two large cast iron skillets or a large cookie sheet.
- Place potato wedges in a large Ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil and shake to coat. Add the salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Shake well. Mix the asiago and parmesan cheese together and add 1/2 of the shredded cheese to the bag and shake well.
- Place potato wedges in the cast iron skillets. Try to lay them with skin-sides-down. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden.. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and freshly chopped arugula or parsley.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing or your favorite dipping sauce. (For you daredevils...ketchup is always a good choice).
Baked Chicken Nuggets – My Kitchen Thoughts
[…] Last night’s dinner conversation topic was: “What’s your favorite kids movie?” Without hesitation, I quickly rattled off, “Toy Story”. Some of the other titles that got the thumbs-up were Madagascar, Up, Iron Giant, Frozen (my vote again!), WALL-E, Despicable Me and Finding Nemo. When a kids movie succeeds, it usually targets young and old alike and is perfect for any age. It must strike a family-friendly balance…the right mix for all! The same is true for chicken nuggets (ha-ha), no really! You have to strike that perfect balance when creating the best chicken nugget ever. They have to be tasty, crispy, golden, and of course, HEALTHY. And these nuggets really speak to the whole family. (Even adults….Shhh!) They are especially good paired with Oven Baked Crispy Fries or Baked Seasoned Potato Wedges […]