The weather has been pretty insane around here lately. My commute to work takes about 20 minutes, and on my quick commute to work this morning, I experienced all four seasons! For the most part I do like living in an area where we have all four seasons, not just all in one day. Speaking of seasons, are you ready for fall? Crisper cooler days call for warmer, comforting food! Cancel that pizza delivery right now! And make this fresh five cheese ravioli lasagna with pepperoni. I promise, you will not regret it. It’s sooo easy and simple to prepare. You use fresh ravioli and your favorite marina sauce, you add some ricotta layers and top it all off with pepperoni and bubbly mozzarella and parmesan! My whole family devours this and I’m sure yours will too!
Easy Ravioli Lasagna with Pepperoni
Fresh five cheese Ravioli is layered with ricotta, meat sauce, pepperoni, and bubbly mozzarella and parmesan!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce, your favorite
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 20 ounces two 10 ounce packages fresh raviolis (I used 5 Cheese)
- 2 cups (16 oz.) ricotta cheese, part-skim
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil plus more for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 oz. pepperoni
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet cook the turkey and onion until the turkey is no longer pink. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for an additional minute. Pour in the marinara and broth, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, 1/3 cup Parmesan, parsley, basil and few pinches of kosher salt and black pepper.
Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add a small amount of sauce to the bottom of the pan. Place half of the raviolis on the bottom. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the top, layer half of the pepperoni and then spread with 1/2 of the sauce. Then make a second layer, by adding the remaining raviolis, the other 1/2 of the ricotta, the rest of the meat sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella and additional Parmesan cheeses over top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in your preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover, add the rest of the pepperoni to the top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Allow the ravioli lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra parsley and basil, if desired.